Successful candidate will have leadership qualities, have demonstrated an ability to take action and make things happen. Agency experience in life science accounts – both biotech and pharma will be important to the role. An ability to work under deadlines and manage effectively; unflappable personality is important. A proven ability to write effective communications for life science accounts necessary. Attention to detail is important.
- Work effectively with account team; including interns and Account Coordinator(s)
- Provide mentorship and training for IR and PR best practices
- Develop best practice methodologies for Investor and Public relations practice
- Demonstrate account leadership by fostering key relationships with clients, investors, media and other key constituencies on behalf of clients
- Be part of brainstorming process and participate in agency management meetings
- Spearhead the use of investor and media databases to develop and update contacts on behalf of client
- Identify investor, analysts and media targets for client companies, outreach, set up one-on-one meetings and conduct follow up, if needed
- Outreach to media on clients’ behalf
- Conduct interviews with client in conjunction with senior staff
- Put together briefing background documents
- Actively participate in incorporating new media opportunities on client’s behalf
- When situation is appropriate, reach out to third parties such as collaboration partner company, physician who has authored key data to be presented at medical meeting or, in a medical journal and coordinate quote, interview or other details
- Interface with third party vendors such as graphic artists, printers, wire services, etc. and execute flawlessly through execution
- Help to develop creative investor and public relations strategies specific to each life science account situation
- Actively participate in industry and NIRI events order to gain knowledge imperative to providing counsel
- Provide first draft message points and press release documents; including conference call scripts, Q&A documents; develop through finalization and execution
- Distribute press releases over the wire (different for each client) and through agency’s web based product press releases
- Draft and edit other written materials such as fact sheets, Q&A documents, scripts, etc. on behalf of clients
- Interface with account team (to obtain timeline updates and update internal reports)
- Assist in the creation of the agency’s client protocols (press release standards, wire instructions, etc.)
- Create best practices for knowledge management
- Flag and make clients aware of competitive news as directed by team or on your own
- Properly track your hours in agency’s time management system
- Help to ensure clients press releases and other materials are flawless from a graphical standpoint
- Contribute to bringing additional new business in including participation at new business pitches as well as other key meetings
- Develop proposals
- Assist in the marketing of the firm and building the firms’ image in the life sciences sector
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to create opportunities for visibility for clients or to properly position clients when news is not as expected
- Anything else that brings value to clients and business to the firm.
Senior Account Executive
Strong communications professional with account management responsibilities needed for growing life science/biopharmaceutical practice. Position requires solid, but growing experience in corporate communications planning and execution, media relations, financial communications, messaging and press release development. Attention to detail and client budgeting/project management required to be successful in this role. Experience in investor relations is a plus and will set you apart.
Qualifications include a seasoned professional increasing responsibility over a 3-5 year period and an ability to manage client relationships. 4-year degree required along with demonstrated agency experience as an SAE/AE. Experience in managing AC/AEs a plus.
LaVoieHealthScience interns work with an innovative account team on key pharma and biotech accounts as well as assisting with our own marketing efforts. Our interns grow professionally through exposure to a wide range of corporate marketing and communications, media relations and investor relations accounts and projects. Responsibilities include providing assistance on a wide range projects, including LG web, email and conference marketing; client service including media list building, database maintenance, press release dissemination, media relations and outreach, investor relations and outreach, and account management. We do ask our interns to help with some office management tasks, too.
Candidates must have strong desire to learn and interest in healthcare/science, an understanding of social media and strong technical/computer skills is required for success in this role.
The position is offered part time or full time, and is paid:
What We Look For
LaVoieHealthScience has assembled a team of seasoned professionals with experience in strategic corporate and brand communications, public relations and investor relations covering the life sciences and biopharmaceutical sectors. At LaVoieHealthScience, you will learn from and work with some of the most talented people in the business and, you will be involved in high profile client programs.
Our team takes pride in the fact that clients turn to us for strategic counsel, providing insights and experience central to their success. We’re fostering a culture that is inclusive, promotes mutual respect and maximizes individuals’ full potential to ultimately benefit each employee and our respected clients.
We look for individuals who would fit that model and can work in a collaborative environment, respect other perspectives and experiences, embrace change and find ways to go from “good to great.” The right person would be willing to take a chance, push themselves to the next level and celebrate the victory.
At LaVoieHealthScience we value our employees and their quality of life. To help meet those needs, we assembled an attractive benefits package:
- Healthcare – Neighborhood Health Plan
- 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Profit-sharing Program
- Vacation & Holidays and Attractive Paid Time Off Policy
- Company planning meetings in exotic locations